Work flow possibilities

What is our work flow now?
What can it be?

Suggestions:

1. team discusses a problem and its solution
  2. designer: designs a solution from the user/visual point of view
  3. backend: creates a structure for the data needed (if needed) and how to request and send it to the client (covered by the API already?)
  4. frontend: creates an user action with the data, processes it in browser. Creates only the basic HTML+CSS
  5. designer: creates CSS/ modifies HTML so the front end matches the design.

1. team discusses a problem and its solution
  2. designer: designs a solution from the user/visual point of view
  3. designer: creates CSS/HTML on sample data with comments (what does what)
  4. frontend: creates user actions by matching them to the templates created
  5. backend: creates a structure for the data needed (if needed) and how to request and send it to the client (covered by the API already?)

(Chut Ko) #2

to be clear, i was the one who suggested we discuss the workflow.

i know this year i hopped on the train a bit late and that might be a reason why i am still having difficulties to find my part in the team as most of the how-it-should-look part is already done. html/css is probably my strongest skill so i would like to put it in use by taking over the visual part of styling - and for that, i would like to agree on who-does-what so there is order and our work doesnt interfere

(Georgiana B) #3

I think our workflow so far varied depending on who was being (the most) active in the project at a given time and depending on the problem.
The first workflow sounds best to me. We can skip steps when a given solution doesn’t involve design/frontend/backend. For example an issue like improvements in network rendering performance doesn’t need design and will skip steps 2. & 5.

(Georgiana B) #4

@Chut_Ko What’s your preferred workflow?

(Chut Ko) #5

@georgiana_b i don’t really mind as long as i am involved :smiley: i have tried both, each has some ups and downs and both work well.